The Skew Fields

Some things you may not know about our home pitch affectionately known as the Stad de Skew.  We can confidently claim this to be the oldest rugby ground still in existence in Torfaen

According to Pontypool's Pride (the official history of Pontypool RFC) Pontypool RFC played at Knipe's Field (now known as the Skew Fields) from 1882-1884.  The Knipe family were local landowning farmers at the time

Skew Fields is named after the disused railway Skew Bridge

A junior side by the name of Mount Pleasant played in the early 1920s at the Skew Bridge fields.
1926-27 – West Mon School started playing on the Skew Fields "where a useful pavilion had been erected."

West Mon Old Boys started playing at the Skew Fields in 1949

There were several pitches at the Skew Fields up until the land was sold by the local authority for the Trico Factory to be built in the 1990s.

2015 - saw West Mon RFC lease the ground for a 20 year period from Torfaen Council

April 16 - crowd estimated at 225 at Ivor Jones cup semi final saw Forge Side beat West Mon

4/5 June 16 - erection of spectator barriers by club members

August 16 - new goal posts erected